As we walked through the door to home I turned to Lyle and said, "I've been up 26 hours now!" Though probably not as chipper as I thought it would come out. Lyle slept 8 and half hours of the ten and half hour flight home. I watched 5 movies.
- Vicki Christina Barcelona: Billed as a comedy, I never actually laughed. Still waiting for the plot to make a point and it's been two days.
- Burn After Reading: Another "comedy" (though this one I put quotations marks around) I not only did not find it funny, I found it gross and it gave me a bad dream later. Here's a tip to budding film promoters, IF SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE HEAD AND BLOOD SPLATTERS ALL OVER THE SET, IT IS NOT A COMEDY. Oh, and the movie had absolutely no point.
- Bonneville: I watched it to see what Jessica Lange looks like older.
- Bolt: Thank goodness I didn't know it was John Travlota voicing the dog or I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did. Now that I know, I like it less. But it was still very good. Damn.
- Yes Man: I don't care for Jim Carey movies normally, but this one was not nearly as annoying as it could have been. There seemed to be a light hand on the mugging. It was fine.