Monday, March 01, 2010

Vancouver Winter Olympics Closing

The closing ceremony started at 5:30 pacific time. As an official attendee, my ticket requested I be at the stadium by 3:30. I got to the stadium in a panic at 4:30. Well, I got through security at 4:30. (picture 1) I got to my seat at 5:20. (picture 2) the torch, unlit.

The torch was lit, and we were off!

Michael Buble sings "the Maple Leaf Forever" in a giant production number.

By 8:30 we were done and out if the stadium. Around 10 pm, we went out to meet some friends. The party was still going strong downtown, more than 7 hours after the hockey game.

Final photo, my feet were killing me, I was starving, but man, was I having a GREAT TIME!!!

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

I'm all out of jealousy. It's all been used up on you already. Truthfully, I can't even imagine.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would want to go to something like the Olympics until I saw how much fun you had - truly envious.....Julie

Stephen said...

& now I can get back to my life...
there were some amazing highlights & some disaapointments for me.
It will probably start snowing now!

dit said...

I am so happy you had such a good time Jim. Thanks for sharing the experience.

The T-Dude said...

That looked awesome...what a great time.