Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Tannenbaum

Countdown to Christmas 29 days

(This is our tree from 2008)

THE TREE!!!!

There is nothing that says Christmas to me as much as The Tree. My history of tree worship is well documented (previous blog entry) and I have worked hard to move beyond that. I have come to realize that I put so many lights and ornaments on whatever tree we get, that no matter what it will be perfect. I even have special ornaments that are larger to fill any space that has a gap.

Decide for yourself, but for me, it has to be a live tree. The smell of the tree, the lights of the tree, the space it takes up in our living room... I can't get the tree in this house fast enough. Today will be our tree hunting day.

Once the tree has been selected, paid for, and delivered to the house, I will put on my special tree decorating playlist and begin the lighting. The lighting will take one entire day. Okay, it just takes 4 hours (or so) but at the end of that 4 hours (or so) I will be done in. Ornaments will be added later.

Here is my Christmas Tree playlist:
We Need A Little Christmas - Angela Landsbury
All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
O Christmas Tree - Aretha Franklin
Holly Leaves & Christmas Trees - Elvis Presley
The Tree - Peggy Lee
Jingle Bells - Ella Fitzgerald
One Little Christmas Tree - Stevie Wonder
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Dionne Warwick
O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum) - The Chipmucks
Rockin around the Christmas tree - Brenda Lee
'Round And 'Round The Christmas Tree - Bing Crosby
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
Kissin' By The Mistletoe - Aretha Franklin
O Tannenbaum - Vince Guaraldi Trio
My Christmas Tree - Home Alone Soundtrack
(Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With The Bag - Kay Starr
Christmas Trees And Holly Leaves - Holly Cole
Christmas Tree (Greensleeves) - The Chipmucks
I Want A Hippopotamus For Xmas - Gayla Peevey (Lyle loves this song!)
Christmas Wrapping - Waitresses
The Happiest Christmas Tree - Nat King Cole

No comments: