Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Windows in Paris

Going to Paris is at Christmas is like going to New York City at Christmas. The city is alive and humming and everyone is trying to lure your money into their shop. They are very successful in this endeavor.

There are three BIG department stores in Paris. We will start here with BHV. Their theme this year:
Noël Circus.
(click on any photo to see it larger)

Most of their windows are animated. Most of the animation we saw was not from below, but more like marionettes animated by fishing line being worked from above.
This window has a dancing bear.
Apparently dancing bears used to be big in Paris entertainment.
Until they were outlawed.

This isn't a window, but I really liked their advertising in the subway as well.

Fauchon had very nice gold window transfers.
And very flavorful window displays.

Guerlain has amazingly beautiful windows.

This was from Cartier on the Champs-Elysees.

And I had to make a quick look by at the Chanel Windows.
Look closer, they are all holding Madame Coco dolls.
I really want one of those, but what would I do with it?

This is for Ted Baker of London. The skirt on Santa raised up and down to look more flirty.

For my cousin Julie who adores Sephora, this one is again on the Champs-Elysses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Sephora in Paris! That is my mecca like Hermes is for you! I think I just drooled! I can't quit smiling - that looks fabulous! Thank you for making my day!