I was searching for something in old e-mail and found this from 2002. I still believe it.
Welcome to the next edition of getting to know your friends (part II). Once again, you're supposed to copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail
that you'll send. Change all of the answers so they apply to you. Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know *INCLUDING* the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you'll learn a lot of little known facts about your friends. (ah e-mail chain letters left over from high school note passing. Now we have MEME on our blogs.)
1. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
As Late as Possible! 7:30 for a work day, 10:30 on a weekend. Noon if left to my own devices.
(Now I work from home. 9 or 10 still holds)
2. IF YOU COULD EAT LUNCH WITH ONE FAMOUS PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE?
Allison Janney – from the West Wing and other films. I’d tell her all about that silly dream I had and we become fast friends. My dream had me at a house party at her house. She had a 60's theme and was wearing this fabulous A-line dress with a Mondrian - think Partridge Family bus - pattern to it. At midnight she made everyone (in my dream) get in a circle, take off their costume and pass it to the person on their left. I wound up with her dress but couldn't fit her white go-go boots on. Oh how we laughed and laughed! (in my dream.)
3. GOLD OR SILVER?
4. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Now its Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
5. FAVORITE TV SHOW(S)?
Carol Burnett Show
Daily Show The Simpsons Oprah - when it's a happy topic.
6. WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?
A drive to work. Oh, this one has changed! Now it's two eggs scrambled or two pieces of toast or granola with yogurt and fresh berries.
7. WHAT WOULD YOU HATE TO BE LEFT IN A ROOM WITH?
A box of bananas and a box of spiders.
8. CAN YOU TOUCH YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR TONGUE?
9. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Smart and/or sexy old people.
10. WHAT'S YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
11. BEACH, CITY, Or COUNTRY?
City by the beach.
12. SUMMER OR WINTER?
13. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Danish Sweet Cream – butter on a stick.
14. BUTTERED, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN?
Extra butter light salt.
15. FAVORITE COLOR?
Khaki. Still true, and strangely, lately, Orange.
16. FAVORITE CAR?
Range Rover or just about convertible anything.
17. FAVORITE SANDWICH FILLING?
Tomato & Mozzarella
18. TRUE LOVE?
19. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DO YOU DESPISE?
Bad driving, poor manners, no sense of humor, cruelty.
20. FAVORITE FLOWER?
Lilacs, Gerber Daisy, Gardenia and tulips.
21. IF YOU HAD A BIG WIN IN THE LOTTERY, HOW LONG WOULD YOU WAIT TO TELL
Less time that it took to tell them I was gay.
22. FIZZY OR STILL WATER AS A DRINK?
All water is good.
23. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM?
Putty. One gold, one white with cobalt blue one light grey with lilac (the lilac is the original tile)
24. HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING?
2 (I still believe in simplicity. One key for car. One key for house.)
25. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO?
Frejus, France. Birch Bay of the Riviera.
26. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
27. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK:
28. RED OR WHITE WINE?
Red. Expensive red.
29. WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR LAST BIRTHDAY?
Flew to NYC. Dinner at a lovely French Bistro on the Upper Eastside. Shopped on Canal Street for fake Christmas gifts. (they’re real gifts, but knock off’s of real designs.) (quick check of old e-mail reveals... "My cold was bad (VERY BAD) last night. Slept in the guest room and unintentionally woke up the whole house coughing through my pillow... Me-thinks it will be a quiet evening home... Laying low today to conserve my energy..." Hey, it sounds like I get sick a lot...) So I don't seem like a complete loser, the year before I spent my birthday in Buenos Aries, Argentina.
30. DO YOU CARRY A DONOR CARD?
31. FAVORITE PERFUME OR COLOGNE?
Chanel Anteus on me. Desperation on others. (not so much anymore, just clean smelling.)
32. IF THERE WAS ONE PLACE YOU COULD GO FOR VACATION WHERE WOULD IT BE?
South Africa (this week). Now I'm more inclined to go to Australia. This week.
33. SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE PERSON THAT SENT THIS TO YOU:
She may be crazy, but it’s my kind of crazy. (it was Rachel)
34. WHO DO YOU LEAST EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Lyle. (he rarely leaves comments on the blog either)
35. WHO IS THE PERSON YOU EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK FIRST?
Rachel sent it first. (and will probably be the first to comment on this)