Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome to my International Art Collection

Samuel Ruiz, Sobreimpresíon 60" x 36"

So when we went to Puerto Rico last April and I fell in love. With a piece of art. Lyle loved it as well. Neither of us was in love with the price so though I obsessed, ultimately we came home and the painting stayed there.

We returned to Puerto Rico in December and went back to the Galeria Botello see if the painting was still there. It was gone! But maybe... it was still close? Seems the artist had come to Puerto Rico as well and had taken the painting to try and sell at an art show in Miami. But had not left for Miami, yet.

So we returned the next day to meet the painting again. It was back and so were we. Hello painting. Hello lover. Prices were discussed, shipping was discussed. Drinks were offered. We bought our first piece of big art.

Now I have to redecorate the bedroom because the color is all wrong for this painting.

Samuel Ruiz, Painter, was born in Argentina, 1957. He has studied with different teachers: Mario Bustamante, Colombia (1976); Rodolfo Abularach, Guatemala (1983); Manuel Ayllon, Spain (1985); Juan Valladeras, Paris (1988); among others. Among the distinctions he has received: Mention, Biennial of Taiwan (1987); Mention, Gran Salon de Agosto, Foundation Gilberto Alzate, Bogota (1987); and First Prize, Salón del Desquite, Manizales (1983). The last years has had showings in the United States in Miami, Chicago and Philadelphia.

7 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

That's beautiful! I keep thinking one of these I'll pick up something by Gizam Saka. She's a turkish painter that I just love. One day.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I know. This is about your painting. I'm sorry. But I want to share this painting. I keep visiting it: http://www.istanbulgallery.com/products.asp?id=49

dit said...

I love big art and I love this painting. Nice choice.

Margaret said...

Beautiful!

The T-Dude said...

Nice piece.

My adventures said...

Fabulous and I'll volunteer to paint but draw the line at moving furniture!

Heather said...

More Ruiz and Puerto Rican art at www.atlasgalleries.com!