Monday, August 04, 2008

Hotpants

Remember these shorts?

My friend remarked how awful the middle look was. "Who would wear such short shorts? I would never, would you?" The funny part is I have been searching the globe for just these shorts. Well not THESE shorts but this look. I've been looking since last summer. I know my trends. As we were drinking while watching, I confessed all to his utter amazement. "You would really wear those!?" I have great legs, I explained, of course I would!

However I didn't check the program guide until I got home only to find out that these shorts by (the newly revamped) Gant retail for $175.00. Oh yes, I am looking for shorts like these, but more in the under $50.00 range. Definitely not THESE shorts exactly. So little fabric, so much money...

They went on sale and I got them for about $65. I love them. I bought the tie that matches. I did not buy the sportcoat. I mean, there IS a limit, come on.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congrats on your amazing shorts purchase. I would like a photo of you and your fabulous legs in said shorts.

Christopher said...

Will you be modeling these at the Abbey anytime soon?

dit said...

Am still gasping at GANT? 175? Ha!
(thinking GANT = Montgomery Wards?)

Glad you found them on sale and I bet you look smashing in them. We need photos!

jason said...

I'm with Dit. (on all three accounts)

Rachel V. Olivier said...

And you looked very nice in them in person.