Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Emperor has no clothes

We arrived in Vienna about 6:00 Saturday night. Robb and Lewis landed at 6:30. At 6:45 Robb and Lewis had their luggage. At 7:00 Lyle and I had one of three pieces. It’s 6:30 pm on Sunday. We still have only 1 of 3 pieces.

I have socks, underwear, my puffy coat and winter boots. I don’t have any jeans, sweaters or toiletries.

Lyle has what he wore on the plane and whatever I have that will fit him.

The hotel we are staying in (the Bristol) is amazing. The staff is tracking our luggage... well, they are consistently checking on it. So far, the airlines don’t know where it is. Still in LA? At JFK? In London? Well it’s not in Vienna.

I’m not angry about the bags being missing. Life is like this at times and being angry about it will ruin the trip. (besides, Lyle is angry enough for the two of us. Remember, he only has one pair of pants total.) I fully expect the bags to show up. For the first time in my life I have done the right thing and placed a sheet of paper inside the luggage with our home address and destination address. Just in case all the tags on the outside got ripped off.

But now that it’s day two of missing luggage, I wish I had my toilet tries. I have my own preference of which (expensive) brand of shave cream I use. Which (expensive) moisturizer. Even when stores open tomorrow will they have MY brands? And do I want to use a couple of hours wandering about locating all new items? Okay, I was totally going to H&M tomorrow anyway but not to replace all my sundry items.

It’s my belief that as I am leaving in the same pair of jeans I’ve worn for three days to go out shopping for new clothes, the luggage will finally arrive.

This is gonna be an interesting trip.
At the Admiral's Club in LAX - Ready, Set, GO!

Photo for Rachel who was recently lamenting the state of air travel. Behold, Lyle is dining on REAL china and has REAL cutlery! Food in Business Class was not bad!

After a quick shower in the Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow, I am ready to shop the Duty Free!!! Bought nothing.

Hello? Who ordered this snow? Why doesn't this plane let us off INSIDE the airport? Whaddaya mean get on the bus?

Robb & Lewis arrived right after we did. Too bad we can't say the same about our luggage...

Two old women in the Hotel Bristol Elevator.

No Kidding, it's really cold.

No comments: