Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We interupt this cruise for a very impotnat announcment...

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!
Whew, there I got that out of my system.

On Saturday we put up the outside lights. On Sunday the lighted greenery went up inside. The ornaments, chatckes and all other sundry are on their way. And if you are thinking, "Gee, a whole day to do each activity and they still didn't get it all done..." then you haven't' been to the magical world of Christmas at our house.
Ive given myself until December 1st to get it all finished. I'll need the extra time. Not one room gets missed by the pixie fairy sprinkling Christmas dust on the house. Not even the laundry nook.
These select few pics are from last year. Last year we had a 10 foot flocked tree in the front window lit so bright you could read a magazine on the couch from the light. And we didn't need the furnace turned on because it gave off so much heat.

I can also say with all honesty that our Christmas decor (in this predominately orthodox Jewish neighborhood) was so brilliant it literally stopped traffic. We had someone pull their car over haphazardly to run up to the window of the house and shout how much they loved the lights, then run back to their car and move on so other cars could get through.
Suddenly I feel a lot of pressure...

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

"pixie fairy dust".....hehehehe

Carolyn said...

Wow. Our decorations are so lame.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

*sigh* I"m going to miss my fairy Christmas this year.....