Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Countdown to Costumes, "Who was that Masked Man?"

Some years you got it. Some years you don't. This year with the black masks, was a totally lame year. It was Halloween day and we were still calling each other asking, "Are you going out?" "Do you know what you're going to be?" "Where should we go?" Everyone had the same answer, "I dunno."

I took matters in to my own hands. I called a few friends (safety in numbers) and told everyone to be at our house at 9 pm. "Wear all black," was all I told them.

I went to the local "sexy store" the Pleasure Chest and purchased a black leather mask for everyone coming out. Costume solved.

We went to our fallback local friendly bar. Location solved.

Then people asked us what we were supposed to be. Uh...

"I can't reveal my secret identity."
"Madonna's back up dancers from 'Justify My Love'."
"A hotter version of the Lone Ranger."
"What do YOU think we are supposed to be?"

But we had a great time and that's what matters most.

Fast forward a few years and the masks make a comeback:This year we had our answers, with the addition of black feathered wings and a lot less clothing, we were Fallen Angels and we were strutting our stuff down Santa Monica Blvd. WORK!

No comments: