Saturday, June 02, 2007

Paint my house!














Here's a joke by Chris Rock:
"So I'm walking down the street, right? And I saw this prostitute, right? And I said, 'How much?' She said, 'For $300, I'll do anything you want.' I said, 'Bitch, paint my house!'"
So, we didn't hire a hooker and the price reflects that. We've got two guys and it should take about 5 or 6 days.

The landlord wanted to go with the solo guy who would have taken at least three weeks (probably 4) but would have been $300 less. I told Lyle that was a deal breaker. Having my yard, my life and my sanity interrupted for a month. The dogs wouldn't be able to go outside. They would bark at a stranger (though perhaps a familiar face after a month?)

Anyway, we are in the middle of the painting. It is going quickly. More pics to come when it's done. But here are some before and after. For maximum impact, I chose photos of before we moved in.

Entry way before...

Entry way after
CORRECTION: This is just the PRIMER coat. Color will follow!

Front yard way before...

Front yard very much after.
CORRECTION: This is just the PRIMER coat. Color will follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the after pics should say "in the middle". The white is just the primer color. Stay tuned to see the final reveal! - Lyle

Rachel V. Olivier said...

It looks absolutely beautamous!