Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Get out of town

A few parting shots of our stay in Merida... First some of the tile floors we saw.

Then just a some random shots...
This is the side of a building near our hotel. SO BRIGHT!

This was a sign on the wall for a what I think was a restaurant. Roughly translated it may mean, "The one-eyed pig - cooked in a pit and beer"


My new favorite store in Mexico, Liz Minelli. I also love her singing.

In the marketplace.

My third favorite salon de beauté. You just know you'll be gorgeous when it says Pretty Woman over the door!


My favorite entertainer in the marketplace!

4 comments:

The T-Dude said...

Great photos. And I love those floors. I've always had a soft spot for tile. Hey, you saw Liz Minneli, was Julia Roberts there too?

My adventures said...

your barbie trollop story was hysterical... i laughed so hard... but, tell me, what were you smoking?? ha!!! your on my blogroll now!!! i'm hoping for more funny stories just like that one!!!

Jim said...

I think it would have been Julie Roberts and Angela Jolie. But no, I didn't see either of them. I did see Betty Midler.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the little mexican doing the dance!!! LOL