Thursday, May 17, 2007

Speed Freak

So I finally got the flat tire in to the tire repair place. The beauty of it is that since I am driving on the spare, I could just leave the tire and come back later. Bliss!

But as I continue to drive around on the spare tire that requires you drive no faster than 50 mph, I've noticed that this entire city is an international speedway.

Just driving home from the tire repair shop, just keeping up with traffic on a four lane city street, I glance down and realize that I am (and the cars surrounding me are) going about 60. Yikes!

On the flip side, I do live in Los Angeles. Any slower and you've become a hazard.

As I always say, "If you don't want to get where you going, why are you going? MOVE THAT PIECE OF SHIT, GRANDMA!!!"

Okay, I guess I don't actually "say that" I more or less scream it inside the car.

3 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Well - I usually drive like Gramma I think. I noticed when I'm using your car or someone elses (and I'm very careful to keep to the speed limit when I do), that I get impatient people behind me. But I don't care. Let'em honk and get impatient. I still get where I'm going safely and in a timely fashion.

Jim said...

But you'll NEVER get there at that speed.... Hurry up! Hurry up! I have to pee!!!

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I think I have a depends here somewhere - or something to pee in...... ;-)