Monday, May 14, 2007

Yummy

My first cucumber!

The garden has given me my first cucumber this year. There is another one about the same size ready to go next. I am stunned. Give me a month, and I'm sure I'll be annoyed that I have too many. But for now, I'm sticking with stunned.

I wanted to take the photo with something other than just the cuke so you could see the relative size. So I took it with this chef. As you can plainly see, the cucumber is bigger than a man.

More tasty than any cucumber (sorry, that's just the way I'm built) is the tiramisu that Lyle made on Saturday. WOW. No perspective trick here, built in a springform cheesecake pan, it's bigger than my head.

Lyle doubled the recipe and then tweaked it slightly. Instead of all coffee and Kahlua he makes a mixture of coffee, Kahlua, vanilla liqueur and Godiva white chocolate liqueur. Then when the recipe asks for "vanilla sugar" he put in cinnamon sugar with real vanilla bean.

For the next two days I will be in one of two places. At the gym trying to get rid of this fabulous dessert, or in a sugar coma reveling in it.

1 comment:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I have to say, that was a MyTFine Tiramasu last night.

And the cucumber was perfect in the salad!