Friday, January 25, 2008

One year ago...


My first post from here.

I was headed to Vienna and Budapest. My parents are on AOL and it sucked to get any photos to them. So I started this blog thing as a way to get photos to them and because we live in different sates (they life in Washington state and I live in a constant state of Fabulousness)loop them into my life more.

And now looky here... 213 posts, about 50 visits a day (you knew I was vain enough to keep track, didn't you?) and I can't believe it.

And aside from travel, I think this blog has brought me closer to (and further from) my parents. They get more info via photos and videos, I feel like I'm writing to them almost every other day. But I wonder if that stops me from calling them as often because I feel like they've already heard from me. On the good side, my father has trouble hearing me on the phone, so I know when I write it down he's going to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

And then there are some of my "imaginary friends" as Lyle likes to call them, whose blogs I look forward to reading every day (over there, on the right side of the page). I'm very pleased with you guys as an unforeseen treat when I started this.

At first I was marking everything on this blog as "personal" in the label section, then I realized of course its "Personal" it's my blog. So I stopped doing that. In a quick review I have 65 entries labeled "travel", then 17 marked "yard", 15 for "Los Angeles" "Christmas" got 14 and 11 for "Las Vegas". So now we all know what I talk about incessantly.

I'm also quite proud of the fact that I have yet to put my age anywhere on here (if you're smug, think you know the truth and reveal anything... you will be blocked from future comments).

I'd like to announce that this blog has a lot incredibly exciting things planned for the next year, but I'm pretty certain it will just continue to roll along aimlessly as it has and give you a slice of what it's like to be in my life (and after meeting Joan Van Fucking Ark isn't that enough excitement in anyone's life?).

So, pat me on the back, send a nice telegram, today this blog is one year old!

9 comments:

Frontier Psychiatrist said...

Happy birthday to your blog.

This line made my day: "They live in Washington state and I live in a constant state of Fabulousness."

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Happy Birthday! I'll smugly not say anything. ;-)

Michael Guy said...

I want cake!!!

Happy blog-O-versary!

I'm glad I'm an 'imaginary friend!'

RE: Your age: I've been meaning to tell you for years..you should wear your hair natural like I do...

Jim said...

Frontier: it was either a constant state of Fabulousness or a constant state of denial, I chose the one that goes better with my hair.

Rachel: you are wise Grasshopper. You have learned well.

Michael: speaking of hair, if I kept my hair natural like yours, I'd be bald... (all together now) But Sweetheart!...

A Lewis said...

Hey now, that cake does look good, doesn't it? Many many congrats on a job well done.

Lyle said...

Happy blog-O-versary!!!! I am thrilled (mostly) to be able to read & see what goes on in our lives!

Cake sounds good!!!

Love you,
Lyle

Unknown said...

Happy Blog-O-versary!!

...and I feel honored to be one of your imaginary friends!

xoxo

The T-Dude said...

Happy B-day my friend!

Carolyn said...

Happy belated anniversary. I feel honored to be one of your imaginary friends. You rock!!